26. Chaitya's (Monuments)
In the west-north side, in front of the main shrine Sri Samhengu Mahavihara (kwaapachhen), behind the Hariti temple of Swoyambhu Mahachaitya, there is an open space bounds with a multi structure of chaityas erected in various styles by different devotees at different times. This is a place with different kinds of chaityas so it is also known as “ Chaitya Park ”.
We can’t find this type of place elsewhere in the Kathmandu Valley with such a large number of chaityas. Because of varity of chaityas this place also called as an open museum for chaityas.
Chaityas in this place are as follows :
- Asoka Chaitya (Licchavi Chaitya)
- Sikharakutta Chaitya
- Vajradhatu Chaitya
- Bodhisattva Chaturvyuha Chaitya
- Jalaharyopari Jinalankrta Chaitya
- Dharmadhatu Jinalankrta Chaitya
- Jvalavaliyukta Chaitya
- Astakonakrti Padmachaitya
- Chaturvyuha Buddha chaitya.
- Sumeru chaitya.